How to Grow Tobacco

How to grow and process tobacco at home for personal use. This is a non-commercial hobby website.
Tobacco Picture Gallery Click Here
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:36 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Linking to other websites and commenting about them.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:56 pm 
Site Admin

The links forums were established to help home tobacco growers find the things they need to grow and process tobacco or of other interest to the home tobacco grower.

Links to commercial websites that sell seeds or other products useful for growing or processing tobacco are allowed within the Commercial Websites forum.

Links to informative websites are allowed in the Informative Websites forum. (Websites containing information of interest to tobacco growers that don't sell tobacco related products or seeds.)

Links to websites selling harvested tobacco or tobacco products are not allowed.

Spamming is not allowed. Links to sites referencing services such as Clickbank are not allowed. Such links will be reported to those services.

You may add either positive or negative comments about the companies or products if you do so in good faith.

Post subject: Re: Linking to other websites and commenting about them.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:46 am 

aye

Last edited by SMC on Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:55 am 

Hi --

SMC, deliberately hijacking a topic or deliberately going off-topic is simply rude and reduces the clarity of people using the forum in searches for specific information. I'm guilty of off-topic posts occasionally because I answer off-topic questions without thinking about it a lot. When I catch myself at it (usually because someone comments), I do try to stop.

It's just polite to help the site maintain organization so users can find what they want and not get involved in topics they aren't interested in.

Bob

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:09 am 

Location: The Real Columbia River Gorge in Skamania County Southern Washington State Member # 1439
I agree with Roy and Bob I'm somewhat new here and it is difficult some times to find the answers I'm looking for here.
I end up sending private messages to clarify questions I have.
I have spent a few hours searching for a single answer that is often times hidden amongst off topic reply's.
I am not complaining just saying what I have experienced.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 am 

I am certainly prone to stray from a specific topic, yet feel all is related.
IMO an informal site is presented here at HTGT, and NOT a strictly academic presentation.
Compilation of 'stickies' could resolve the problem concerning searching for specifics nand wading through large amounts of anecdotes.

As anyone might guess, I prefer a lighter, informal approach to my studies of the topics at hand.
If anyone might find I have contributed in some fashion they feel distracts from their original post, advise me so and I will gladly delete my post so as not to distract.

I'm a first year grower, and learning quickly, thanks to the help of many here.
Among other things I've learned is that growing and producing baccy and a product for personal use on a small scale is not necessarily cut and dried, as science, but more an art that may be substantially different for various folks interested.

Best to all
rc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:05 am 

rustycase wrote:
I am certainly prone to stray from a specific topic, yet feel all is related.
IMO an informal site is presented here at HTGT, and NOT a strictly academic presentation.
Compilation of 'stickies' could resolve the problem concerning searching for specifics nand wading through large amounts of anecdotes.

As anyone might guess, I prefer a lighter, informal approach to my studies of the topics at hand.
If anyone might find I have contributed in some fashion they feel distracts from their original post, advise me so and I will gladly delete my post so as not to distract.

I'm a first year grower, and learning quickly, thanks to the help of many here.
Among other things I've learned is that growing and producing baccy and a product for personal use on a small scale is not necessarily cut and dried, as science, but more an art that may be substantially different for various folks interested.

Best to all
rc

I agree with everything Rust said!